I find myself feeling and being thankful for many things everyday. I honestly feel blessed with the life I have because there are so many things to be grateful for. With feelings of gratitude, I always feel happy and content with where I am in life. Even though I stress daily, just knowing that there are things to be grateful makes me happy enough by the end of the day.
These are some of many things I am grateful for:
- My significant other. Always, always, always, I am grateful for having him in my life. He is my constant support and always has been. He is always there for me. His smile makes me smile and he’s always getting me out of my moods.
- A new day. I always thank God for this one. If it’s rainy, cloudy, sunny, cold, or warm, I appreciate the weather and the new day. I’m always thankful and grateful about this.
- My family. Even though I’m always upset with them on nearly a daily basis, and we argue often, we have our moments. Sometimes, my parents simply do things for me that I don’t expect, like remembering that I need something and getting it for me, or going out in my car and buying gas for me. My siblings being able to talk to me makes me really happy. I enjoy talking to them and spending time with them. I’m glad to have them in my life, despite our differences.
- Friends. We don’t have to talk every day, but I am glad to have friends who are there for me. I am grateful to have friends where I can just act normally with them, even if we haven’t seen each other in two years. I am thankful to have friends that reach out to me in times of need, and those who are there for me when I need them, too.
- People I meet. I am always grateful for the people who come and go in my life. There is always a lesson learned from any sort of interaction with a person whether negatively or positively.
- Having the three necessary things to live: Shelter, Food, Water. I am always thankful for being able to live in a house, having food for almost every meal, and having water most days. Sometimes, there’s not enough food for every meal, nor is there enough water to drink, but those happen only a few times a month, which I can deal with.
I find that the things I appreciate most are the little things in life. I love interactions with people, enjoying a new day, and just having things provided for me that helps me become whom I am today. I am also appreciative toward the people who are in my life constantly. There isn’t a day that goes by where I do not thank God for giving me the people in my life, and letting me live in my current situation.