The one person whom I always fall back on and talk about who inspires me is Jesus. I’ve found that, when I aspire to be like Jesus, I end up being happier and having a more positive time in life. I want to be like him because of what he has done and how he has treated others.
Here are the things that I love the most about Jesus and what I find awe-inspiring:
- His acceptance of everyone. The top two rules he told everyone to follow is to (1) treat others the way you want to be treated, and (2) love God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.
- His openness. Jesus always has open arms. He is open and inviting toward any gender, any age, anyone who will listen to what he says and believes in him.
- His lovingness. This goes along with his acceptance and openness. He’s an all-around loving man. That’s why there’s a song called “Jesus loves me!”
- His straightforwardness. Something I’ve learned about Jesus is that he was a very straight-forward man. He may have spoken through parables but he was always telling people as it was through these parables. Sometimes, he even said things in a straight-forward way.
- His ability to see the best in the worst of people. All of his disciples were people whom you’d least expect to follow Jesus – to just drop everything they have and be his disciples. This is something I absolutely love about the stories of Jesus. There’s this part of him that makes people turn their heads and notice him.
- His willingness. Above all, he made the ultimate choice of dying for everyone’s sins. He was given that choice and was more than willing to dye for all of us. That is utterly the most inspiring thing that I have heard of and I appreciate the most.
As I was writing these inspiring things about Jesus, I’ve realized that Jesus has all of the qualities that I hold dear to myself. I honestly do want to be as much like Jesus as I can. I want to accept everyone, be open to them, love them, and most importantly, be straightforward with everyone. I also like to believe that I see the best in people, know matter how bad they have been. I also want to say that I am willing to give up so much for people. These are honestly all traits that I want to be known in me.
I can’t be Jesus but I can always aspire to be like him, and that is what I want to do.